Wednesday, April 2, 2008

SPRING BREAK!...at the Seminary

Alright, I thought I'd finally give this blog thing a try.  I was on spring break last week and decided I should go on vacation somewhere.  I tried to think of the CRAZIEST most wild place to go that would scare my parents, but instead, I went to Boston to attend the CrossRoad Alumni Reunion at the Seminary.  The summer before my freshman year of college (almost two years ago! I can't believe it!) I stayed at Holy Cross Seminary in Boston for ten days for a wonderful program called CrossRoad with 28 other Orthodox young adults.  While we were there, we learned about how to best serve God as we entered college as well as when we entered the workforce and no, they weren't training us to be priests and presbyteras.  Anyway, those in charge of CrossRoad decided to have an Alumni Reunion to coincide with the Sunday of the Cross and a total of 50 young adults from the past four summers all flew out to see each other.  It was a great few days! I saw old friends, and even a few that I had met in Greece at Ionian Village, made new friends, and attended three lectures hosted by Fr. Tom (I think his last name was Hopka).  I wish I could have stayed longer...I tried, but I had to come home to start my Spring quarter classes.  I thought I could stay the rest of the week since Angela is flying out there tomorrow (Thursday) for the National Girls Retreat.  That's pretty much all I have been up to lately! 

-Cali

1 comment:

Tula said...

Hey Cal, you are a blogging pro now! Did you take any pics during your visit?